Sunday, August 21, 2016

Ten Fingers of Gratitude

 I love this idea ... something easy to do while I walk and a natural fit with the Gratitude Miracles journal. It comes from Marianne Power, who writes in Irish Independent:
This weekend, in a brilliant book called Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World, by Mark Williams and Danny Penman, I found another gratitude exercise, called 'The 10-finger gratitude exercise'. To do the exercise, once a day bring to mind 10 things which you are grateful for, counting them on your fingers. It is important to get to 10 things, even if you have to think about it.
I'm finding that counting on my fingers is just enough to push me past the obvious gratitudes but not so many that it feels like a chore.

If you try it, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment